Monday, July 8, 2013

The Key ... Creative Challenge #259


Urgency

 

It is imperative that I go in

But I can’t seem to find the key

My inability to enter could be a sin

It is imperative that I go in

I can’t live with what might have been

I hate to be crass, but I really have to pee

It is imperative that I go in

But I can’t seem to find the key.

 

 

This week on Creative Challenge  I am going to introduce the triolet (TREE-o-LAY), which has 13th century French roots linked to the rondeau or “round” poem.

A diagram of the triolet would look like this:

A (first line)
B (second line)
a (rhymes with first line)
A (repeat first line)
a (rhymes with first line)
b (rhymes with second line)
A (repeat first line)
B (repeat second line)

 







The key to happiness is Creative Challenge


10 comments:

  1. forget about a key
    simply 'pull up' a tree!( careful ya don't pee on yer shoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have four old keys just like the one in the photo...I love those old keys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not let the key interfere with your need to pee. Good one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice re the tree .. but when dressed in a Tux and surrounded by others in a tux or evening gown it is a little difficult to explain grabbing your zipper and bursting out the back door in search of the nearest tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great write.

    http://www.whisperingcorridors.com/2013/07/the-allergic-heart-creative-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are times when a key is really necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In this scenario, one would think of the key as a 'penny', as that was what was needed to open the door on those facilities in years gone by, thus generating the phrase "I need to spend a penny!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to admit I had never heard of the key being called a penny or the phrase. Very interesting ... wonder what the etiology is of that.

      Delete