Monday, July 22, 2013

Clear Skies - Creative Challenge #261



Sometimes my mood can be overcast

I really cannot say exactly why

Perhaps my thoughts turn to the past

When that happens I smile and sigh.

 

My mood is often like the wind

I wait and it changes by and by

My mood is subject to a whim

When that happens I smile and sigh.

 

I can’t see that it makes any sense

I soon welcome back the Clear Skies.

I return to the present tense

When that happens I smile and sigh.

 

© Tim D. Culey -2013-

 

 

This is a style of poetry called a Kyrielle It is a French form of rhyming poetry written in quatrains (a stanza consisting of 4 lines), and each quatrain contains a repeating line or phrase as a refrain (usually appearing as the last line of each stanza). Each line within the poem consists of only eight syllables. There is no limit to the amount of stanzas a Kyrielle may have, but three is considered the accepted minimum.

Some popular rhyming schemes for a Kyrielle are: aabB, ccbB, ddbB, with B being the repeated line, or abaB, cbcB,



Oh mon ami, what is keeping you from Crearive Challenge?

9 comments:

  1. You certainly have a grasp of a wide range of poetic forms. Most interesting. Poetry in any form doesn't come easy to me, I find better expression through photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very lyrical poem and I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photo and i totally relate to the poem! glad you were able to post. whenever i get stuck not being able to get to the home blogging spot i click on the orange B on the top left of page and it always takes me there :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic and the poem.

    http://www.whisperingcorridors.com/2013/07/the-journey-creative-challange-261.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a keeper...I like it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Insightful poem. I think when folks start growing older that they tend to dwell on the past more because they have already done a lot of living, and sometimes lose a sense of purpose for the present and the future if they do not have someone or something to live for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An interesting poetry form and it looks like the clouds are clearing - couldn't be better

    ReplyDelete