Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Creative Challenge: Harmony



When I see a tree I didn’t create, I think “Why not leave him be?”

All I want from him is shade and oxygen, so we  
live in harmony.

 

I witness the fawn with his specked coat so young, beautiful, and free

I don’t need his meat,  I don’t want his fur perhaps we can live in harmony.

 

I see the children so young playing their games with utmost glee

I have no need to gun them down, please let them all live in harmony.

 

I see a man with authomatic weapons, though why is a complete mystery

There is no need for these weapons, and I ask that we can live in harmony.

 

I listen to the orchestra performing great pieces playing notes so beautifully

Some members are playing the lead, others live just  to play the harmony

 

I hear some people from near and far, Iranian, Palestinian, and Israeli

Most of them want a world of peace so they can live  in harmony.

 

When we ask our Higher Power, whatever he may be, for personal serenity

Would it be too much to ask for maybe just a little worldwide harmony?

 

 

© Tim D. Culey -2013

 
 



 

7 comments:

  1. this is truly a beautiful piece....Tim!

    thanks for visiting and commenting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly the solution we need - excellent harmonious words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally don't think it is asking for much at all
    ...the way it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful write ... and yes, we should all be striving for perfect harmony. Not too difficult to achieve really.

    ReplyDelete