Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cold Steel


The man behind me is holding a razor to my neck

I must control my breathing, keep my emotions in check

I don’t want to anger him, not even in the least

I just sit here anxiously not uttering a peep

 

 

Suddenly something warm and wet is on my face

Why do I feel I’ve not been dealt an ace?

My bladder is full, and my pants are dry

That could change suddenly, I’m not sure why.

 

 

The man has a name, I’m almost certain it is Bill

A Spaniard by birth and the Barber of Seville

At first I am shocked when the substance whorls

It is just shaving cream down my check that swirls.

 

 

 

© Tim D. Culey -2013-
 
 

 


                                Figaro?

3 comments:

  1. the master of twists is at it again!

    loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Symbolic of those barbers who were also "bleeders" (including the one who nearly let Geo. Washington bleed to death,)

      The amzing thing is to see animated .gif images where the swirl goes from bottom to top! Seems to defy the laws of gravity and logic.

      Delete